QSticks from QPercussion are now available in the US directly through me, until an official distribution deal has been established.
QSticks are not your average dowel bundles/rods, like the ones we all know, offered by some of the leading drum stick manufacturers.
- QSticks are hand-made in Holland by a professional drummer. Necessity was the mother of this invention!
- QSticks are made out of much more durable wood (different types), many times more durable than the rods you are familiar with
- QSticks feature two thick coats of clear lacquer for added durability
- QSticks have rounded edges at the tips for a fatter sound (yet still quieter than regular sticks) and no damage to drum heads
- QSticks are available in a wide variety of weights, shapes and colors for many different sounds and easy visual identification in your stick bag.
Below is a cool video of the great Alex Acuna performing a drum solo at Drum Channel with a pair of QSticks WHISPER (the lightest model offered). Alex decided to “yell” more than “whisper” with these. As you’ll see, the rods take a beating like this with no problem, while other rods of similar weight currently on the market would have disintegrated in seconds!
More information: http://www.qpercussion.com/qsticks/en and QSticksUSA [at] gmail.com.
I’m excited to announce that I’ll be doing an exclusive drum clinic in Nijkerk, The Netherlands, on May 23rd. I haven’t done any kind of clinic or performance in The Netherlands since 2007, so it’s about time I come back!
I’ll be playing along to some exclusive tracks and songs, I’ll be discussing techniques, gear, tips, stories, as well as taking questions from the audience. This is a single exclusive clinic, so if you’re in the area, don’t miss it!
The clinic is sponsored Read more
I can’t tell you how many times I have been asked the question “if you had to recommend one drum book for beginners, which would that be?”. I’ve never been able to answer this question. There are so many books available that, first of all, I haven’t read them all. Secondly, I did read many books on drumming, aimed at beginners, and almost all of them either have untrue or wrong information in them about at least one subject, or are based on the opinion of the author, rather than facts. Lastly, there are very few books that cover everything a beginning drummer should know. So up until now, I’ve been recommending sections from different books, but haven’t been able to recommend just one single book.
Last week, a (Puerto Rican) student of mine brought a book to his lesson which he had found at his local library. It was called “La Biblia Del Baterista“. He’s having trouble reading music and he told me he really loved how it was compact and Read more